How to Nominate
A nomination may be submitted by any of the following individuals or groups: any member of the Texas A&M University faculty or staff, any Texas A&M University former student, or any friend of Texas A&M University.
Nominations can be made through any of the following:
- Completing the Online Form
- Downloading and submitting a completed Printable Form to Dr. Edward Rister (email@example.com)
- Emailing a nomination letter to Dr. Edward Rister (firstname.lastname@example.org) which includes the following:
- Nominee’s name, home and/or business mailing address and telephone numbers
- Education (list colleges attended, degrees received and dates, including honorary degrees)
- Business, public service, and professional awards
- Noteworthy accomplishments
- Brief synopsis of nominee’s accomplishments as they relate to his/her contributions to agriculture, agribusiness, the community, and the world
Nominations for the Honor Registry will be solicited at least once each year, with award presentations made at appropriate events throughout the year.
Each of the members inducted in the Registry has met the department’s highest standards for excellence. Each recipient shall:
- Possess an undergraduate or graduate degree in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Administration, or Agribusiness from Texas A&M University.
- Have attained prominence through his/her efforts in agriculture, business, or other related areas as indicated by a record of impressive accomplishments that indicates significant achievements and contributions at the community, state, national, and/or international level.
- Possess integrity, stature, and demonstrated ability that merits the recognition of a proven leader in his/her chosen field.
A committee of nine individuals appointed by the Department Head will review all nominations submitted for the Tyrus R. Timm Honor Registry of Former Students in Agricultural Economics, Texas A&M University. The selection committee is comprised of three former students in business and industry, three retired faculty members from the department, and three current faculty members.
Current members of the faculty or professional staff of Texas A&M University are not eligible for this award.